To become an AFM Pastor, a candidate is required to study towards a degree in Theology (BTH) for 3 years at the North West University, Potchefstroom. It is a distance learning BTH degree whereby candidates attend online classes facilitated by AFM facilitators.
The following steps should be followed:
- Step 1: Print the AFM Seminary Application Form and pay the R600 non-refundable admin fee. Ensure to attach the proof of payment to the form.
- Step 2: Take it to the Assembly Pastor and attend an interview with the members of the Assembly Governing Body.
- Step 3: The Assembly Governing Body will complete the relevant section on the applicant’s AFM Seminary Application Form. The Assembly Governing Body will then make an appointment for the applicant to attend an interview with his/her region.
- Step 4: After the interview, the Region will complete the relevant section on the applicant’s AFM Seminary Application Form and send the form to Sophia Masipa at the AFM of SA National office: email@example.com / 257 Jean Avenue, Central Office Park, Centurion.
- Step 5: After receiving the Seminary Application Form, Sophia Masipa will then complete an Online Application Form on behalf of the applicant. The applicant should attach the following documents to the AFM Seminary Application Form (these documents should also be attached during the previous interview phases:
- Completed and signed NWU Fees Undertaking Form.
- Certified copy of your ID Document / Passport / Work or Study Permit for foreign nationals.
- Certified copy of your Matric Certificate and any other SAQA accredited certificates that the applicant has acquired to boost his/her chances of acceptance – especially if an applicant has not completed Matric with a bachelor/exemption pass. Foreign nationals should attach an equivalent Matric certificate and certificate of exemption obtained from the Matriculation Board.
Let Us Help you with Your BTH Application to NWU
We are available to assist with online applications for candidates wanting to register at the North-West University (NWU).
If in need of assistance, please send an e-mail request to:
- All Provinces: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sophia Masipa)
Applications For BA Hons Degree
This applicant is usually an ordained AFM Pastor. Applicants only complete the North-West University (NWU) Open Distance Learning Application Form and attach the following copies of certified documents with their application:
- ID or Passport
- Study Permit (if foreign national)
- Marriage Certificate (if married)
- Copy of Theological Degree Certificate
- Academic Records.
For more information please contact:
CONTACT Ms Sophia Masipa
TELEPHONE +27 12 644 0490
FAX +27 12 644 0732
We are aware of a growing number of false training institutions claiming to be awarding various degrees. We strongly advise our members and pastors not to obtain qualifications from these Institutions, as they are not recognized by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), or the AFM