Download the PDF version here:
1. PROPOSED SINGLE MARRIAGE STATUTE: COMMENTS & INPUT REQUIRED
As part of the Civil Society the AFM of SA has been invited by the South African Law Reform Commission (SALRC) to comment and give inputs on the proposal to integrate various Marriage Laws into a single statute. Initially we were given a deadline of 31 July 2019 to submit our comments and input. The deadline has been extended to 31 August 2019. The SALRC has drawn questions regarding this matter.
The questionnaire is available from “Issue Paper 35” at the following link:
Some of the challenges are:
- How will a single statute define marriage?
- If all types of marriages are lumped together under one, what will be the impact of such reform to our Marriage Officers? (Bearing in mind that they are solemnizing marriages in terms of the 1961 Marriage Act).
- Will Marriage Officers be compelled to solemnize same sex marriages?
2. SPECIAL REQUEST: AFM NATIONAL CONFERENCE 2019
We are looking forward to welcoming the AFM Family at our annual National Conference that is taking place in September. We would like to see that all our members and assemblies know about the conference. We believe that this year’s theme “Rooted in Christ” is a vital message for the missional church going forward.
For this purpose we have developed special resources that our pastors can use during services. It includes the following:
- A 3:00 min Promotional Video Clip.
- A Facebook Cover Photo.
- Two Power Point Slides.
- A Poster.
We are also excited to present Afrikaans and Xhosa versions of all the above mentioned resources. Together with English, these 3 languages are predominant in the geographical area where the AFM National Conference will be hosted – Cape Town.
I want to encourage you to download and make use of the resources:
Also remember that online registrations are accepted:
Past. M.G. Mahlobo