Download the PDF-version here (e-mail and print-friendly):
1. GBM Online Registration Form
2. Pastoral Letter: 4th Quarter
3. AFM Alert Level 1 Lockdown Regulations
4. AFM Alert Level 1 Funeral Guidelines
1. STATE PRESIDENT ADDRESS TO THE NATION REGARDING THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
In his address to the nation yesterday, the State President raised a concern on the possibility of a second wave of Covid-19 infections. We must all do everything in our power to prevent a second surge of infections. He mentioned three areas (in the Eastern Cape) that have registered high infection rates. One of these is Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan (NMB) which has now been identified as a hotspot.
The following measures have been announced by the President regarding NMB:
- The curfew will be from 10 pm to 4 am.
- Gatherings – including religious gatherings – may not be attended by more than 100 people for indoor events and 250 for outdoor events.
- At all times, the total number of people in a venue may not exceed more than 50% of the capacity of the venue.
- All post-funeral gatherings are prohibited.
I am calling upon our Pastors and members to ensure that they comply with all Level 1 regulations to prevent another infection spike. When we gather for church services, funerals and other events let us comply with safety measures such as social distancing, regular washing of hands with soap, regular hand sanitising and covering our mouths and noses with masks. This virus is easy to conquer if we all comply with these hygienic measures.
2. GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING (UPDATE)
Kindly note that due to South Africa’s state of disaster being extended to 15 January 2021, the tentative GBM date of 14-18 February 2021 will not materialise. Specific dates cannot be confirmed at this stage but will be communicated as soon as possible and depends on Covid-19 developments.
Delegates are however welcome to register. The venue remains AFM Word and Life Church in Boksburg. Registration for the event (although a specific date can not be confirmed at this stage) can be done online:
3. AFM PASTORS HONOURED BY THE EVANGELICAL ALLIANCE OF SOUT AFRICA (TEASA)
The Evangelical Alliance of South Africa (TEASA) celebrated its 25th Anniversary on the 27th of November 2020. As part of the celebrations, TEASA honoured a number of personalities who made significant contributions to evangelical witness in the county and the world. Among those honoured from the AFM of SA, was the late Pastor Richard Sihlobosenkosi Ngidi who passed on 4 May 1985. The other AFM Pastor who was honoured was Pastor Frank Chikane. These two represent passion and commitment for evangelism, church planting and social justice. Let us give thanks to God for His gift to the AFM and the broader Church through these two pastors.