Download the PDF version here:
The National Office Bearers are looking forward to connect with the church leadership in the upcoming NOB Empowerment Visits! I encourage you to attend this strategic gathering in your province. More information is given below in this Newsflash.
1. SPECIAL INVITATION: NOB VISITS 2020
We hereby invite all AFM Pastors, Governing Body Members, Leaders and National Youth to the 2020 NOB Empowerment Visits. The intention of the Empowerment Visits is to inform, equip, train and engage in dialogue on matters of strategic importance to the church. I want to strongly encourage you to attend the empowerment session in your province.
The theme for the visits is:
Actions with Impact
Leading in a missional church
We are looking forward to engaging with the church on the following topics:
- The Impact of the Ministry on Pastor’s Children.
- The Nomination Process and Dates for the 2020 National Office Bearers Elections.
A document is already available on this matter. Kindly download from:
- Women in Leadership.
- The Role and Function of the Pastor within a Missional Church.
- Being Church in the Public Domain.
- Community Involvement: Practical Implementation (Presented by the AFM Welfare)
The programme for the Friday and Saturday can be downloaded from the link below:
The National Office Bearers will be visiting all Provinces on the following dates:
2. UP4SA – National Prayer Initiative
I am thankful to all of you who have already commenced with prayer & fasting.
It’s not necessary to mention that South Africa is experiencing difficulties on many terrains. The main responsibility of Christians is to pray earnestly and faithfully to God. On the 1st of March 2020 a nationwide prayer initiative is taking place. My request is that pastors and community leaders prayerfully consider volunteering and co-ordinating a prayer point in their local community. Every community leader that volunteers receives a resources and will be empowered to coordinate the prayer point.
Please read the information and be part of what I believe, is a God-inspired initiative:
up4sa AFM of SA 2020
You can also connect directly with Up4SA via their online platforms:
3. CIRCULAR: JANUARY 2020
Kindly take note of a Circular that was sent to all AFM Assemblies earlier this week – either by e-mail or postage. For your reference, we include it here in the Newsflash again:
- Nomination forms for the pool of the 2020 NOB elections (Annexure A & B). Please take note that there is a separate form for Assemblies and Regional Committees.
- A request from Dr. Isak Burger regarding a book of miracles (Annexure C).
- The appointment of a new Bible Society Representative.
- A reminder to honour the dates of activities and events on the official AFM Calendar.
To download the Circular and all Annexures kindly follow the link below to the AFM Website:
Past. M.G. Mahlobo