Skip to content
“Serve, co-ordinate and empower Youth ministry at national, provincial, regional and local levels.”
- The National Youth Department is commissioned to serve, co-ordinate and empower Youth ministry at national, provincial, regional and local levels.
- To be vibrant witnesses of Christ – through facilitating Empowerment, Ethical & Socio-Economic Relevance, Discipleship, Governance and Ecumenical participation of the youth.
- To promote and revitalise youth talent and skills, provide career guidance, moral regeneration and restorative justice.
- Evangelism through sport (national, provincial, regional and local tournaments), musical concerts, theatres and other community youth activities.
- To develop young entrepreneurs.
- Identifying and developing leaders through youth operational structures.
- Unifying and breaking racial barriers in the youth through annual conferences.
- Influencing moral behaviour in the market place.
- The former Director General in Presidency of the Republic of SA is a product of the National Youth Department.
- Current AFM leadership came through the ranks of the National Youth Department, e.g. Barend Petersen, Chairman of the De Beers Consolidated Mines. Over 60% of the AFM’s Regional Leaders came through the ranks of the National Youth Department.
- A number of leaders in the private sector also came through the ranks of the AFM Youth.