“AFM Youth, Empowered Youth.”
AFM NATIONAL YOUTH MINISTRY
TELEPHONE +27 76 638 9017 (Director) / +27 61 496 3367 (Secretary)
CONNECT WITH US:
Facebook: @AFM National Youth
YouTube: AFM of SA National Youth Desk
Vision & Mission:
- The National Youth Department is commissioned to serve, co-ordinate and empower youth ministry at national, provincial, regional and local levels.
- The AFM Youth Vision is: “Empowered Youth Making a Lasting Impact in their Generation”.
- To be vibrant witnesses of Christ – through facilitating a missional-driven lifestyle including Discipleship, Empowerment, Ecumenical Involvement, Community Involvement and Good Governance.
The AFM Youth Mission is: “To enable young people to fulfil their divine purpose.”
- Social Impact. A focus on societal matters that affect young people and their environment, especially those that threaten and hinder youth potential in and outside of the Church.
Prophetic Voice. A focus on the divine assignment of born-again spirit-filled young people in the church as the voice of the Lord in a dying world. With a special emphasis on sound doctrine, spiritual maturity, and growth.
Regional Engagements. A focus on strengthening regional engagements and the functionality of all regions – with an emphasis on vision alignment considering the three focus areas of the National Youth Department: Communication, Intervention and Leadership Training & Development.
- Current AFM Leadership came through the ranks of the National Youth Department, e.g. Barend Petersen, Chairman of the De Beers Consolidated Mines. Over 60% of the AFM’s Regional Leaders came through the ranks of the National Youth Department.
- Producing AFM International Leaders: Former National Youth Director elected as AFM International Youth President: Past. Sizwe Mlotshwa & Former National Youth Director elected as AFM International Youth Deputy: Past. Moses Shingagane.
- A number of leaders in the private sector also came through the ranks of the AFM Youth.