National Children's Ministry
The AFM National Children’s Ministry
TELEPHONE: +27 12 644 0490
FAX +27 12 644 0732/4
P.O. Box 9450
Building No.14, Central Office Park
- The National Children’s Ministry is called to fulfill ministry to children and declares that children are precious in His sight (Matthew 19:14 & Mark 10:14). The Ministry is committed to the spiritual growth of all children within the AFM, helping to prepare them for their ministry in the church.
- The Ministry is dedicated to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with all children, leading them to accept Jesus as their personal Saviour and teaching them the full truth of God’s Word.
- Throughout the country the Ministry also trains and equips educators for their role in the calling of this AFM Department.
- Workshops, seminars and conferences are held for both educators and children – regionally, provincially and nationally.
- Children perform in special events such as the Centenary Celebrations in 2008 and the AFM International Conference in 2013 where a 1000 voice choir performed.
- Children marched during the 16 Days of Activism where they handed memorandums to the South African Police in Shayandima in Limpopo and Maokeng (Kroonstad) in the Free State.
- A Children’s Ministry Curriculum and other (audio-visual material and teaching aids) material are produced to enhance learning and equip educators.
- During the “5 to 9 Conference” in 2005 more than 2000 children converged at the Tshwane University of Technology (Soshanguve). The conference lasted 5 days (from 5 to 9 December) and culminated in children marching to the Soshanguve Police Station to hand over a memorandum in which the children added their voice against child abuse.
- In 2006 the National Children’s Ministry entered into agreement with Petra College which enabled educators/teachers to be trained. These educators/teachers graduate on the 19th of May 2007. Currently Petra College continues to offer training to our educators/teachers in the Western Cape.
- In 2001 the Limpopo Province hosted the graduations of more than a 1000 children graduating their youth. This was preceded by a march in the streets of Shayandima in Venda supporting activism against gender violence.
- Events of this nature take place on aan annual basis in various regions and provinces.
Download information about upcoming NCM EVENTS: